Help!! New user

I just purchased my first gps from Amazon which is the tomtom xl 340 IQ routes. I went to update the software. Clicked on new map available not realizing it was 59.95. It was about half way done downloading. Then my vista computer crashes. Now it says no maps found :(. I just want my tomtom back the way it was. Do I have to pay to get my original map back? I made a copy of USA Canada, Mexico on my computer and deleted the file from the tomtom. But it still won't let me download my original map.

Last edited:
Ok. It now says new free map available. But then when I click on it more detail. It says 59.95. Is this my free map?

You did a good thing copying your map folder to the computer first. You can just copy it back.

Did you try for the updated map using the Latest Map Guarantee option in Home? If you're still having issues using that, call support at 866-486-6866 to sort you out.

Thanks. I am using latest map guarantee right now. It said new free map available. So right now I'm downloading USA Canada, Mexico map. I hope this is my free one.
If not. I will call support tomorrow

No maps are activated and locked to specific hardware, copying a map from one device to another won't work - Mike

Ask a Question