New Tomtom user needs help

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go 740
I just moved over from the world of the Garmin and trying to get a hang of using the tomtom Go740......what I would like to know is, everyone is talking about the new app release.....could someone tell me where and how to go about getting it. I have home installed but nothing comes up on it to indicate any upgrade for the device. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Another thing, my traffic has been working from day one when I bout the Go740 and just today I noticed that for some reason I dont have traffic anymore. The only thing that I have done different is to upgrade my map software.......after that is when I noticed that my traffic was gone....thanks in advance

There is no app update for the 740. In the US it's for x20 and x30's, but not the 740. As for traffic, do you have a solid blue bar down the right hand side of the map screen?

traffic

That is a no on the blue bar down the right side of the screen.....I did have until today and after updating to the new map then I lost the blue bar. I just checked it again a few minutes ago and now have the bar back on the right side of the screen but its not blue, its grey with the little grey search symbol just sitting there spinning like its trying to find the server ......when I try to access any of the live services it says that the service is unavailable at this time please try again, seems like the live services might be having a problem.....(just a guess)......I sure do appreciate any help with all this as this tomtom is a whole new ballgame for me......the garmin didnt have this many options that you can play with.....:):)

Ask a Question