Help to remove corrupt user files on GO730

I think I have downloaded and installed some corrupt user files on my GO730 causing it the LCD screen to go dim and flicker or it could of happened when I tried connecting it to a BT phone.

Anyhow here's my story:

I went to the Tom Tom Home site on my laptop, connected my Tom Tom to the laptop and downloaded and went to update my go, in which I choose a map share file to download and installed, this being a very small file. I installed this file onto the GPS unit and all was ok.
Now later on I decided to hook and connect the bluetooth to my Mums Samsung mobile phone, in which I did and did not seem to have any probs here what so ever. But it was after this where the prob started. the screen all of a sudden decided to go Dim but not black like previously, it was still in someways noticeable but not like normal.

yes I did and also did a factory default reset from the GPS unit itself, sorry no luck what so ever..

Now my queston here is, can a corrupt user file cause the screen to flicker ?

Well, a corrupt file can cause various strange issues. The question is, what file specifically is involved.

Do you have an Explorer backup made prior to the update which you can restore?

Like I mentioned in my 1st post the only thing I did was 1. Installe a very small ,ap update this was in Update My Go section from the Tom Tom Home, prob a small KB file and the Bluetooth connection to my Mums samsung mobile and that was it, before this it was all ok.

I think the small KB update was some map share etc

In Home, Tools-->Mapshare Options-->Select to remove all mapshare changes on the map.

See if that helps.

There's a bug in the latest app of the GO 730, where it dims whenever the app displays text in the upper right.

Is that the problem you're seeing?

It goes away if you downgrade via these steps.

Ask a Question