Happy owner and a word of caution

TomTom Model(s)
910 & One
I just wanted to report to the group that I received my new mount from TomTom for my 910 and it works great, also I updated to 6.52 and did not encounter any problems whatsoever with my TomTom or computer.

I've noticed that it seems that a lot of users are trying to incorporate third party software into their units. I personally have had some bad luck with trying to make a device more functional by doing this. I'm specifically talking about a Palm PDA. I would really caution anyone about trying to made your GPS do more than the manufacturer intended. My 910 is an amazing device and will do much more than I will propabaly ever use, such as MP3 and picture functions. You just never know when third party code will corrupt the code that was written for your unit to function as it was intended.

I'm glad to hear you received the new mount. 3rd party applications should always be applied after backing up the TT.

is the new 6.52 not a load of rubbish, you cant set safty camera distance, plus it won't turn off when cig accessory plug is pulled ....if you still have old software could you send it to me, as i would love to change back from the 6.52
many thanks mike:D

Old Software?

I really don't know if I have what you are looking for or not. My 910 has been updated to 6.52 and is working fine. I do not have any third party applications on my unit. I have an older backup with the 6.51 installed, but I don't know enough about the TomTom software to send you what you are asking for.

is the new 6.52 not a load of rubbish, you cant set safty camera distance, plus it won't turn off when cig accessory plug is pulled ....if you still have old software could you send it to me, as i would love to change back from the 6.52
many thanks mike:D

G'day Mike

You can download previous versions of the firmware from here.

Wayne

Ask a Question