TTone new owner....not happy happy

TomTom Model(s)
One
Hi,
My husband just bought us a tomtom one. It's interesting, however, I could NOT believe how many common and local POI's were not listed. Is this normal? Is this part of the 'upgrade' maps we found that will cost us 135? Will this still happen with a garmin or other brand? Or, do we need to buy something in the 400 plus range to get the poi's? Heck, our street address of our house isn't listed and the house has been there for three years. I'm frustrated and my husband isn't too happy with me for not liking tomtom... he said he didn't buy it for me to find stores. Well, yes. But I would like to type in crate and barrel for example and find one. What to do?? Suggestions?

Thanks.

I've read the link you provided. So, I guess this is standard'ish. I've got a lot of places I would like to have dl. I guess I also jumped the gun complaining - apparently most gps's have to download and update. I'm a technie newbie. Thanks for your knowledge.

Luckily the TT is very user friendly for downloading POIs that you care about. I've got smack loads on there now of places I like eating at and know the gas is cheap at. ;)

If you just bought the TT (as I did) you can download the latest maps for free and install them. It's quite easy but you should do it over night as it's 1.5 gigs roughly.

Ask a Question