TTOne Map issue

My TomTom One started freezing on startup, having a good look round the forums, I have reformatted the device and the sd card. Updated the application from TThome. Before doing this I copied the folders from the SD card.

The unit now starts but says no maps found. I have copied the maps folder back accross but still doesnt see them.

Any suggestions on what else i should be doing to get it working?

The sd card that is in the device is the one that came with the unit, so the map folder is the one that was on on it. I copied it of the card to the pc and back on.

Tried a reset, but still the same. Had a look at the tom tom link, when I do an update there are no maps showing in my account, so nothing to reinstall. Should the maps that were on the device when i got be showing in my account?

Any other suggestions on what to do?

Try this.........download and run the Clear Flash tool 3 times. It can be found here. Have the card in the unit when you do it.

I have checked this again in the map folder "Western_Europe" I have the following files:

cnode
mapinfo
tmcodes
traffic
Western_Europe
Western_Europe.pna

Anyone able to confirm if this is correct and where the folder should be on the device?

Tomtom support say the only way to fix it is to buy a new map or send it for repair, I dont see how they can be so sure without having asked me to check anything on the device. Seems to me they only want to sell more maps.

I have checked this again in the map folder "Western_Europe" I have the following files:

cnode
mapinfo
tmcodes
traffic
Western_Europe
Western_Europe.pna

Set windows to view hidden/system files. If those are all the files you see, then your map isn't complete. See if there are more files in the western europe folder on your backup and copy them over.

It's possible that the freezing on startup was when data corruption started happening on the original map, and that could be why you are missing files. If you don't have a clean backup, then you'll have to either buy a new map, or see if a compassionate phone support rep will give add an old version onto your account.

all fixed now. thanks for the suggestions. as stated Tom Tom were hopeless. Downloaded the missing files and replaced on device now working fine.

Ask a Question