TTOne V3 "can't load updates not enough room"

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One Version3
So, I went to update my TT recently and when I have Home up and running and go to "Update my device" on the main page, I get an error about either, I don't have enough space, but I only am using 978 MB, or, the app stops and this error pops up...

ERROR: DesktopLib/InstallToLocal/FileMissing: This item is incomplete and cannot be used: Guam
@ .\framework\InstallToLocalThread.cpp(318)

I did have it almost working once then it stopped again.

Any help at all in updating my TT would be appreciated.

Thanks.

You may want to use Explorer and completely remove the Guam folder from your unit. You can move it to the computer, if you'd like.

See if that helps.

I'm actually getting the red X now. So, I guess I need to format and start from cratch??

Make an Explorer backup, not Home, of what is on your unit. Then use Explorer to format your unit, don't use quickformat.

Then restore the backup.

Does your unit work properly after the restore?

I cannot restore it. Windowz is not "able" to format it at all. I have tried several times and nothing. I did boot it in Linux but, I did not find any formatting "tools" in Linux to do that. I'm sure there is but, not sure how to access them.

I've even tried Parted magic and Kill all disk formatting tools and neither one was able to format it.

Soo... whats the next step?

OK, So, I have tried the Chkdsk /f peramiter and it's saying "The type of files system is RAW. CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives". and quits.

I have also tried format from the command line and no dice with that either.

So, what are my options at this point?

I downloaded the app, installed it, and tried it without the TT one, worked fine. Once I turned on the TT, the app crashes. Wierd... So, anything else??

Maybe, I could take it somewhere and have them "fix" it? I hate to run out and buy a new one.... I'm getting frustrated now.. :-/

Sounds like the internal memory on the One went bad. It happens after about 2-3 years.

First, try another computer, and if possible the original USB cable that was shipped with the Tomtom.

If that fails, then yes you probably need to buy another one.

Ask a Question