Problem w/ POI search on TTOne 3rd edition

Recently, the only results I've been getting from POI searches has been "No POIs Found!" No matter what it is, I get nothing. I'm running App 8.010, GPS v. 1.21, Boot 5.5001, and the USA & Canada map v720.1802. Any thoughts?

How are you searching? Navigate to-->POI. And then what?
I go to Search and then type in a string to search for. Even if it's something I know is in the database, it comes up empty. Browsing to POIs works, though.

Have you tried pin resets and clear flashes?

Otherwise, maybe it's a corrupt map? Try a chkdsk /r on the tomtom device. Then if you have a map backup on your computer, copy the backup onto your device.

Have you tried pin resets and clear flashes?

Otherwise, maybe it's a corrupt map? Try a chkdsk /r on the tomtom device. Then if you have a map backup on your computer, copy the backup onto your device.
I've hit the reset button numerous times, and I ran clear flash twice. I ran a chkdsk and it found 2 lost chains which it converted to files, and that was it. Didn't fix the problem. I don't think I have a map backup on my computer... exactly where would it be?

Well, this has been a fun day. I called TT support. First person told me to remove the app and reinstall it. Did that, didn't help. Called back, and they suggested I roll back to an earlier version of the app. Tried that, didn't help. Called again, did a few more clear flashes, didn't help, he suggested I remove the map and re-install it -- didn't help either. I've also done a factory reset, with no luck. Any other suggestions?

Well, I decided to get adventurous, and just reformat the whole thing... and that did the trick. I didn't mind losing my favorites, because I had already lost them earlier today (I think when I uninstalled the app, or maybe when I did the clear flash). I've managed to add a few of them back in... and several were already POIs, so I don't need to worry about those.

Ask a Question