New TTOne owner with q's

Hey all
Great info here. I have a question
I just picked up a TT One, So far so goo, learning the system
I want to know, is there software available for the PC that I can use to plan a trip. i want to load up a map on my PC, something like Google Earth or Mapquest, and use that to plan a route, then transfer it over to the TomTom.
Is anything available like that.

I found trip planning in the Virtual TT through Home to be tedious. A member here sugested Tyre (as DF did above) and I tried that. VERY nice. You place your waypoints on Google Earth and "Copy" them. Tyre will grab the copy from the clipboard and enter it into a list of waypoints that you can download into the TT as an itinerary. It was much easier scrolling around Earth and making waypoints that the Virtual TT. I recommend this method highly!

Your right about TT Home being tedious. Just downloaded Tyre, I'll play with it,
Thanks for the replys

One more question guys,
Im looking at the instructions for tyre, if i read correct, you have to manualy draw out a route. Is there a way to get driving directions from within google earth, modify or edit them, then use those as a route trough tyre.

One more question guys,
Im looking at the instructions for tyre, if i read correct, you have to manualy draw out a route. Is there a way to get driving directions from within google earth, modify or edit them, then use those as a route trough tyre.

Google Earth (GE) will run routes for you. I tried to copy the entire route to Tyre and it did do it. I had trouble figuring out how to modify the route in GE and make it go where I wanted. In the end I found it easier to just create each of my waypoints in GE, copying them to Tyre as I made them. Tyre then had each of my waypoints and copied them to the TT as a .itn file. TT then ran the route exactly as I wanted using each waypoint the way I expected.

Thanks alot guys for all the info.
This TYRE app is fantastic. Sure beats fumbling around with a virtual TT to set up routes.

Ask a Question