I am not happy

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 550
I have a dash pad mount with the suction cup it won't hold. This is my second one the first one did the same thing until it it broke. Last night I super glued the suction cup to the dash pad this morning the GPS is laying on the floor. I cleaned the everything good. This is what I have now :mad::mad::mad::mad: Looks like I'm going use sheet metal screws next.

51He3hPBs4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51I2ctQk0NL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Can you add your model number and location (country) to your profile, please?

Then people may be able to suggest alternatives or work-rounds for your particular equipment.

Superglue might not be your best choice for an adhesive given the materials involved. For this kind of problem, I much prefer RTV (silicone sealant type material). It handles vibration well, sticks to just about anything (once any oils have been cleaned off), and acts as a buffer between the parts when the temperature changes and the materials have different coefficients of expansion.

Might be worth a try before you resort to sheet metal screws! Just be sure to let it cure overnight.

I had a similar problem when I bought the mount and cushion. Then I realised that the cushion had a thin plastic sheet on the metallic part. When I took this off, it was fine.

However, I'm sure that won't be the problem here.

Ask a Question