gpsfix keeps updating

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One 'New Edition'
Does anyone know if the gpsfix thingy is a dynamic fix or should it be a one time upload/install.

Everytime I connect and Home checks for updates, regardless of what else it finds, it always must install the gpsfix. It has done this ever since I have had the TT and doesn't seem to matter whether my SD card is in or not. It has updated multiple times each way, though.

Thanks for the time and efforts.

Does anyone know if the gpsfix thingy is a dynamic fix or should it be a one time upload/install.

Everytime I connect and Home checks for updates, regardless of what else it finds, it always must install the gpsfix. It has done this ever since I have had the TT and doesn't seem to matter whether my SD card is in or not. It has updated multiple times each way, though.

Thanks for the time and efforts.
That's normal Blackbeard. I guess you'd call it 'static'. It just helps your TomTom find the satellites a bit faster. It's my understanding that each gpsfix overwrites the prior fix so it won't keep adding to what is already stored on your TomTom. Usually there's about 3 or 4 updates per week.

Last edited:
Yep although usually it doesn't update every day (there is no point). It used to update or rather request for an update once a week. I don't know how often it is since I don't plug it in that often.

Does anyone know when the last GPS fix was released? I haven't had one since I updated to the 715 Can & US Map. Is there a way to erase the ones you have installed and start from scratch with the GPS fixes?

Thanks!

McFly

Does anyone know when the last GPS fix was released? I haven't had one since I updated to the 715 Can & US Map. Is there a way to erase the ones you have installed and start from scratch with the GPS fixes?

Thanks!

McFly

I had the same problem.
Go to My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\ephemeris and delete everything in that ephemeris directory, then log on to HOME & updte. You should get the latest gpsfix.

Ask a Question