GPS sends people down tiny roads in England

Lol, exact the same thing is happening overhere, lot of complains about big trucks passing true small roads because of the GPS.

TomTom does even worse here. It recently took me down a paved road (parallel to the "normal" route) that degenerated into an un-maintained forest service access road. Without 4 wheel derive I would have gotten stuck. And no - I did not specify "shortest" route - I know the problems that can lead to...It was set to fastest. It made a 10 minute stretch 25 minutes however.

this summer i was in prince edward island for vacation and the XL i was having at the time made me take a dirt road in the middle of a corn field for about 2 miles which end up with a locked fence at the end where it was joingning the main road....

The map providers need to do a better job of supplying information about how the road is constructed. I know it will take time but each road should marked with number of lanes, width of the lane, weight limits, No trucks, frontage road, residential street and other similar information. This would make it easy for the GPS to route around such based on the vehicle your driving.

Bottom line is that the GPS will route you correctly but it has to have the required data to do so.

My district is 25 year old and my street is not showing at the good place cause the name are all mess up and there is 3-4 street surronding my house which are no drawn probably, mixing name ect....

take a aerial shot and compare to what telealtas show and 99/100 person wont recognized that its the same district

Ask a Question