GPS Link Slowed with App ver 7 Update

I installed the App version 7.120 to my One 1st edition (which the Home software instructed me to do). This was a big mistake!!! The GPS signal lock took just a few seconds before I upgraded it, and now it takes over a minute, and gives me a "satellite lost" message at boot-up. Is this new "quick fix file" the culprit??

In TomTom Home it allows me to "Copy files to my computer", but not this file. What gives?? By the way, what is the diference between making a "Back up" and "Copy the file to my computer" selections that are in Tom Tom Home?? I did both and each took about 1 hour (and I have a fast computer). Is this normal??

The QuickGPSFix file was never an option to copy from HOME. I guess the reason is that the file gets updated every so often. I find it downloads almost every 2 days. If the file didn't exist and you have the latest firmware it should download the file automatically.

There is a difference (although slight) between 'Copy files to computer' and 'Back up' in that the Back-up is more of a single click way to backup the entire contents of the TT device storage. The Copy files to computer allows for selecting different components from the device which 'backs-up' to your computers hard drive. It also now shows the specific itme you copied in HOME as individual items so you can install it on your device easier.

The 1 hour sounds about right when backing up.

I installed the App version 7.120 to my One 1st edition (which the Home software instructed me to do). This was a big mistake!!! The GPS signal lock took just a few seconds before I upgraded it, and now it takes over a minute, and gives me a "satellite lost" message at boot-up. Is this new "quick fix file" the culprit??

In TomTom Home it allows me to "Copy files to my computer", but not this file. What gives?? By the way, what is the diference between making a "Back up" and "Copy the file to my computer" selections that are in Tom Tom Home?? I did both and each took about 1 hour (and I have a fast computer). Is this normal??

You are not alone. I get a sluggish 1 minute time to first fix and sat lock, with the Navcore7.xxx software.

At first I thought this would be a problem, the 1 minute time to lock, but in reality it hasn't been an issue. If you were a motorcycle messanger in, say, London, it might be an issue if you were in the habit of turning the unit off and back on all the time.

Still, it's behaving after the upgrade as if the QuickGPSfix simply doesn't work at all, and the unit has to search for the sattelites from scratch each and every time it starts up.

I talked to the Factory Reps. They indicated the new software is a bit too overwhelming for the basic TTOne, and recommended that I go back to version 6 if I want a fast satellite lock. The trade-off is that new version 7 has some great additional features such as HELP and lists the current road you are on, which version 6 did not. Version 7 works, it's just very very slow to lock on.

That sounds like a load of BS to me. I have no backing to this, just a huge suspicion this can be fixed.

Ask a Question