GPS fix with Home2 & 7.120

TomTom Model(s)
One Eu'
Hi all,
Just an observation really. When I have my Tt1 (new addition EU map) plugged into my pc using the Home2 software, at my desk my One will find many satellites and find them quickly with strong signals.
If I dismount my One (via Home2) and it then reboots it will take an age to find them, if at all.

If I then take it outside so it can get a lock (also very slowly) and then bring it back to my desk my One will report very low signal strengths for 1 to 3 satellites. No surprises there. Until I operate my One by pc again. Loads of satellites with great signal strength.

Is this to do with the cpu load issues with chipset on 'Z' models?

Thanks,

Simon

yes I'm using the virtual Tt. (ot)Which starts off in the XL mode for a split / tantalising / second.
Also since I've got your attention is there a secret to getting the Tomtom start-up noise to work. It only happens occasionally and when it does it scares the crap out of me.lol

Simon

Last edited:
The sat strength in the Virtual TomTom is misleading as the sat strength is fictional. When it says your connected to x number of sats, its not true.

The sound you are talking about happens when you reset the unit or insert an SD card.

Ask a Question