GPS devices interfering with each other

TomTom Model(s)
Go Live 1005 App12.055.1124410.74 Map Europe 885.4007
Do not if any else has had a similar problem. I drive a taxi which is equipped with a gps tracker which reports my location by radio back to my company despatch system. Occasionally I lose the gps fix which is indicted by a flashing green light on my data unit (which supplies job information) at the same time my tomtomm also displays no gps fix, if i switch the data unit off the tomtom recovers quickly but the green light does not steady quickly. The gps has a wired external aerial which is currently roof mounted with the wire running away from the tomtom.

Any comments or suggestions welcomed.

I have certainly noticed a reduction in GPS reception when two similar TomTOm devices have been placed close together.

Although I have to say I used to notice it a lot more on older models. I regularily run two more recent ones together in the car and don't notice it so much now (although that COULD be just because we don't get an easily visible signal strength mete anymore!) TomTom say this is because the latest GPS chipsets are much more sensitive, so we don;t need to be constantly checking them....

Thank you Andy for your reply and am sorry my delay in getting back. It is reassuring that it is not only me that has noticed the problem.

Ask a Question