Got your new MAPS DVD - Now What?

So i have been doing all sorts of research before buying my tomtom one. I was just speaking to customer service and he indicated that when I do buy my new tom tom one I will have to get the map upgrade, so what I assume is that there is no tom tom ones shipping currently with the new maps, unless the one I am buying has been sitting on the store shelves for awhile.

Now, i am planning a trip from Toronto to Florida and i would like to have all the shopping areas (walmarts, targets etc) on the tom tom. I guess I coudl go about this two ways (correct me if I am wrong) I can load the custom POI's for walmart etc onto the current 1gig SD card the tom tom comes with, since it only has the Canada/US map on it, or I can buy a 2 gig SD card and load the North america map on it and not have to worry myself with loading the custom POI's individually.

Last question... if I have the north america map loaded, is there any reason to go back to the Can/US map?

Hi there,

No reason at all to ever go back to USA/Canada once you have the NA maps on. The ONLY reason I could see is if you were trying to save space on your card, the USA/Canada maps does take up much less space. I have the 2g card with the NA maps and a gaggle of custom POI, and I still have over 400mb free.

Hi there,

No reason at all to ever go back to USA/Canada once you have the NA maps on. The ONLY reason I could see is if you were trying to save space on your card, the USA/Canada maps does take up much less space. I have the 2g card with the NA maps and a gaggle of custom POI, and I still have over 400mb free.

Does the NA map come with the tom tom one, or can I only get it with the $6 upgrade.

Good Service

Ordered new map updates on the 7th and recieved them this AM (11th). Couldn"t believe it. CD came from Fort Worth TX. Way to go TOMTOM!!!

Got my new maps disk...

I just installed the NA maps onto my go-510 (2GB SD card) and all appears to have worked well.

Contrary to a comment I saw somewhere else on this board (but can't recall where), the Canada maps seem to have been updated. I now can find some of the newer streets that were not on the older mapset. Also, I notice some corrections.

What I don't like is the incomplete POIs.. my bank down to road has been here for over 20 years, and is not on the POI. Similarly, a big shopping mall at the corner is not listed, but it appears ONE of the small outlets in the mall is. Sort of useless.

I am not sure if the POIs were updated with this new map release.. maybe someone can confirm,, or advise me how to tell if I have the latest. Seems that when I did the update, the old POI set was still there on the 510.. I did not see any instructions to remove it, or replace it with a new set.

Hello all;
Sorry for the stupid question. But where does one order this DVD. I've looked online and cannot find anything. Do I have to talk to a rep? And I take it the advantage of ordering the DVD as opposed to buying just one map is you get way more on the DVD.

Thanks

Ask a Question