Got TT1 in April, Bought the Update DVD and Still can't MapShare

TomTom Model(s)
TTOne v2 (2GB SD) map 6.65 7.161
OK, I'm actually happy that the TT1 is easily affordable -- I think it's a good deal and will make the mapshare a better experience.

What gripes me is that I have a TT1 I purchased at BBuy in April for a song, got version 6 something maps, and following the advice of posts here, got the NA Maps on DVD for $10 or whatever s+h was back in the spring.

Meanwhile, there appears to have been some 6.75 installed on some units (what version is my TT? ser no. starts with E and came in a green box)???

I thought they upgraded the maps for a year after purchase?

It just makes me mad that the so-called update maps I paid for in addition to buying the thing itself are now obsolete only months afterwards... what gives?

Did I miss some way to update the map to 6.75?

The map on the DVD - that was your upgrade. You can't hope for more. I don't think that I have ever seen anything from TomTom about free maps for 1 year. It's more like 30 days.

And please don't feel that your maps are obsolete. I'm sure that they work pretty well. You don't have to get on the treadmill of jumping for every new map version that comes out. There have been several in the past year, and some members report that sometimes older versions are more accurate.

The map on the DVD - that was your upgrade. You can't hope for more. I don't think that I have ever seen anything from TomTom about free maps for 1 year. It's more like 30 days.

And please don't feel that your maps are obsolete. I'm sure that they work pretty well. You don't have to get on the treadmill of jumping for every new map version that comes out. There have been several in the past year, and some members report that sometimes older versions are more accurate.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah... 1 year is for the new ones, I think-- I read it in the mapshare thing.

It works so-so. The probelm is thhat all the shopping centers here in Alabama seem to be messed up. A major highway in Bham (280) has the sides of the street reversed in places on the map (so it is telling me to turn left, when in fact, I should turn right).

It has insisted on sending me down roads that have been closed.

6.65 was pretty good in Michigan, but it sux in Alabama and that Mapshare feature would seem to make it a lot better.

Heck, I'd fix a lot of North central Alabama myself, just by correcting the map errors I've already reported.

It just seems that for having just gotten the map, it should at least have been patched to 6.75 or made compatible for mapshare feature.

Oh, I realise now it's a v2 ONE.

The 6.75 has never been available in N. America. However...

It just seems that for having just gotten the map, it should at least have been patched to 6.75 or made compatible for mapshare feature.

Anyone that has purchased the 6.75 map set, got it from the TomTom site...but they had to change the "Country" to "United Kingdom" before the map was offered.

For some reason, known only to TomTom, they have never offered the 6.75 maps to Canada or the USA. I think they anticipated making a killing on the new 7.x maps, and didn't want to dilute their N. American market with an earlier version.
:confused:

46jimbo,

I found the one year thing about the maps and posted it here: https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?p=32280#post32280

I think what I am griping about is that there is no clear and inexpensive way for us customers who got on the tomtom train just a little earlier to feel welcome in their new society of annual renewals.

For all the fuss they are making, you'd figure they'd let us in on the deal for a low entry (say another shipping and handling deal) for the first round of the new annual rent structure they've made.

Ask a Question