Google Earth on "browse map"

TomTom Model(s)
Go720 (3rd unit...2 stolen)
OK: I take absolutely ZERO <cr> for this....and it may well be common knowledge.........

But I checked out this link that ChillyCat put up in the POI subforum and oh man...when you go to browse map...if ya zoom out at about 0 - 50km the map changes to Google Earth...very kewl in my humble opinion..!!

heres the link: http://www.janboersma.nl/gett/index.php
The Program is called TYRE. More for itinerary and POI (why I DL'd it). Just now starting to mess with tyre...but noticed this and thought it was kinda neat.! It was one of those Gosh - Gee Whiz things ya know.?

What an awesome pce of equipment this TT is. I am forever thankfull I researched a bit and decided on the 720 over a Garmin 660.

Cheers,

stk

Last edited:
when you go to browse map...if ya zoom out at about 0 - 50km the map changes to Google Earth...very kewl in my humble opinion..!!

The 720 and 920 (maybe others?) come pre-loaded with very low resolution satellite photos which you will see when you zoom way out. The images are stored in the /raster directory of your TomTom, and for each image there's a companion file which says where it's located and which zoom levels its should be displayed at. But they look pretty bad IMO. How about these instead?

ac1.jpg

ac2.jpg

ac3.jpg

I have been loading my own custom Google Earth maps onto my TomTom and you can do it too if you're willing to spend a little time. See the following: https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=4890&page=2

Last edited:

Ask a Question