Google Earth & Tom Tom

TomTom Model(s)
XXL
I loaded a GPS point off Google Earth yesterday and set out to find it. No luck, I ended up in a residential area instead of where I want to. I am thinking that the map datums in the Tom Tom and Google were way out of sync. It was not a case of missing by a few hundred feet I just could not find what I was looking for. Any help and suggestions greatly appreciated. Thank

FRANK:confused:

What map do you have? What version? What application?

You can report problems at tomtom.com/mapshare/tools

The map datum for TomTom is WGS84. Make sure you didn't set Google up for something else. Also be sure you have the units set correctly when you are entering the coordinates. Your TomTom can handle decimal degrees, degrees and decimal minutes, and the old hms method.

As well as dhn's questions, how did you actually "load" it?

By importing a file, or just manually entering the coordinates?

I don't use Google Earth, but I've typed coordinates from Google Maps into my TomToms hundreds of times, with no problems like you're seeing.

I have a classic xxl which allows entry of lat long. I have my TT set up to accept hours mins seconds as it ties in with my Track Logs mapping system when I want to navigate to the start of a walk. I have always added the coordinates manually to my TT without any problems.

Ask a Question