TomTom and Google Earth

Hi there!
It seems like TeleAtlas/TomTom (more TeleAtlas than TomTom) have completely ignored Puerto Rico. No POIs, and some streets and roads appear in my TomTom and Google Earth as they were 15 years ago or more! I don't wanna spend $99.99 on some "updated" maps, that won't even touch the maps of Puerto Rico. I noticed recently that Google Earth uses TeleAtlas maps, so I was wondering if it is safe to assume that once the maps in Google Earth are fixed, are they gonna be fixed for my TomTom too?

Thanks!

Hi there!
It seems like TeleAtlas/TomTom (more TeleAtlas than TomTom) have completely ignored Puerto Rico. No POIs, and some streets and roads appear in my TomTom and Google Earth as they were 15 years ago or more! I don't wanna spend $99.99 on some "updated" maps, that won't even touch the maps of Puerto Rico. I noticed recently that Google Earth uses TeleAtlas maps, so I was wondering if it is safe to assume that once the maps in Google Earth are fixed, are they gonna be fixed for my TomTom too?

Thanks!

Never assume anything. I would stick with Google Maps and plot your course with it. or you can try TYRE (http://www.janboersma.nl/gett/download/)

Google lists several sources for their map data, so they might already have much unpdated maps of your area. Have you checked them out to see ?

Hi there!

Thanks!

May have sent you to the wrong page. Try this one
http://www.janboersma.nl/gett/

Ask a Question