Please help me pick the right model to use with google earth.

So I need to buy a GPS for a 3,000 mile + bicycle trip coming up and am a little overwhelmed at all the models to choose from.

What I need in the GPS is

- I have a PC I will be taking with me and I have daily routes already set with Google Earth using the .kmz files. So what I need to do if possible is load my route from Google earth into the GPS daily, is there a tomtom model that can do this.

- The other function I need is a long battery life, my 1st choice would be one that uses AA batterys, if not what model has the longest lasting battery before recharging?

- smaller and lighter the better

I really don't need any whistles and bells other than what I mentioned above, I am looking for the cheapest model I can get with the available features I listed.

Really appreciate any help in this matter

Dave

All Go models and XL models do itinerary planning. See this link for using Google maps and and TYRE, a 3rd party app that works with the map and TomTom.

The issue is battery life. No TomTom model comes with AA batteries. When new, a TomTom may hold a charge for 2 hours at best (forget claims of 5 hrs by TT). External battery packs for devices are available

Thanks, very cool!
So none of the ONE or the EASE models do itinerary planning?
And do you know what the cheapest and smallest GO or XL model would be?

Thanks

Ask a Question