POI and google earth question

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One
Ok i did some searching, and read up on a couple threads regarding this, but still haven't come across a "yes or no" answer.

example: if i do a search for autozone in the USA, there should be more than 4,000 locations. but it comes up with 1-10. and below it comes with more pages i can click on to open more locations. BUT.........no matter what i do, i can't seem to figure out how to save more than the first 10 locations that are shown.

so how can i look up and save the over 4,000 autozone locations all at once???

when you search on google earth you get the drop down lists each containing 10 items.

first save this to "my places"

in my places to the left of the list is a minus sign. simply click the minus sign to collapse the column. right click on "my places", select "save" and export as a .kml file. run the .kml file through poiedit and save as a tomtom .ov2 file.

remember to delete everything in "my places" before you start to avoid getting unwanted pois.

when you search on google earth you get the drop down lists each containing 10 items.

first save this to "my places"

in my places to the left of the list is a minus sign. simply click the minus sign to collapse the column. right click on "my places", select "save" and export as a .kml file. run the .kml file through poiedit and save as a tomtom .ov2 file.

remember to delete everything in "my places" before you start to avoid getting unwanted pois.

Thanks for the tip. I want to make a few POI as well and will have to try this way and see if it works much better.

I'm sorry. but no matter what i do, i can't seem to get it to save anything more than the first 10 that it displays.

i tried your instructions several times, i've tried figuring and trying clicking and saving other ways, but no matter what i do i can't get it to save more than the first 10. unless i manually open every single page and start selecting the additional locations. but i really don't feel like sitting here and manually clicking over 4,000 locations.

Ask a Question