Can I make POI's from Google maps

TomTom Model(s)
Hello,

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to say search for Pizza Hut in my area on google maps, then somehow save all the cords to a poi or some output file I can convert rather than using "Send to GPS" for each and every result found one at a time and then only as a favorite.

Is there an app that works with google this way or a way to use google this way that I am missing?

I looked at Tyre but that assumes you have a route you wan to plan and i just want to add all results for a given search to a new poi file.

Thanks

yes, there is. It's a bit of work, but not near as much as doing it individually.

Using google earth I find 70+ pizza" hits in nova scotia. Not all are pizza hut as the search finds everything with "pizza" in the name.

However assuming you have found a list you like using google earth....I searched "pizzahut, nova scotia" and get lots of hits.

NOTE...before starting right click on the my places pane in google earth and delete all listings there.

now do the search for pizzahut. You will get probably quite a large list broken into sections of 10. at the bottom of the list click on each numbered individual section to open it and drop it down in the search pane. after opening each section of 10....there might be a heck of a lot....just right click on the header for each group of 10 and select "save to my places" this is the tedious part, opening each section of 10 and adding them individually to "my places"

once this is done, save the "my places" as a .kml file. open the .kml file in poiedit and after checking the list and perhaps deleting what you don't want, save it as a tomtom .ov2 under what ever name you choose. load this file into your map folder on the tomtom.

hope this is clear enough....kinda hard to describe......a bit tedious but do-able.

Last edited:

Ask a Question