Need help creating POI file from Excel or Google

TomTom Model(s)
Hello - I'm a newbie to TomTom but have been using GPS equipment since maybe even before Magellan released the first civilian model.

I have created an excel database of over 2600 remote control airplane flying sites worldwide. I have taken the excel file and created a Google Earth file out of part of it that is now actually part of GE's standard program download and included in the 'Favorites'. I would now love to get these POI's in my TomTom. I presently have them on my Magellan GPS's.

I have been doing some Google searchs and have found several sites promoting different programs which will enable me to create a POI file I can upload to my 330XL but I can't find the format used for the columns.

Can anyone please help with pointing me in the right direction for a program that will help me create the TomTom POI file?

Thanks in advance for any help you can pass my way.

GPutt33

Thanks for the link pianoCM - This was one of the sites I found earlier using Google. I have tried to use it and it works up to a point. I am trying to import 1414 out of 2600+ rc sites. I deleted all of the columns other then the Lat Long and Name. It is creating a file of all 1400 POI's but it will only bring in maybe 3 to 5 names on any of the pages with 200 POI's per page. Is there a limit to the number POI's one file can contain? I guess the one thing I haven't tried is just importing a small portion at a time. I'll try that here in a second since I just thought of it. It there are any other helpful hints you can share I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again
Gregg

Ask a Question