GO930 Upgrade Problems

AGB

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 540S WTE
GO930, upgraded to 8.350
TomTom HOME, 2.6.2.1586 under Vista

This has happened before, but is damned annoying. After upgrading the 930 to 8.350, TomTom Home won't operate the 930, saying that my "device does not support this function".

On a similar past upgrade problem, support told the that, when a new device upgrade is released, it takes a few days or weeks for Home to "catch up".

But this is pretty poor - why should I do a recommenced device upgrade, and **lose** functionality?

AGB
hoping that this will get fixed soon

I do not have Vista but understand that if you right click on the .exe file for Home, there is an option to run in XP mode or something close. If so, try that.

I don't think this has anything to do with Vista......

Just after posting my moan this morning, I tried again. This time TomTom Home told me it needed to download an extra file to make the system work. It did so, and now Home can operate the 930 from the PC Interface.

Fine. But why isn't this file included in the original upgrade download? It's a puzzle to why, after each upgrade, functionality is downgraded until TomTom gets its act together.....

That said, I do love the thing!

AGB

The dll file for the Home software to use the TomTom via the PC is missing, it simply needs updating, I thought this file was being downloaded automatically for the new Navcore, but quite often there is a delay between the Navcore release and the dll being made available to use the operate my Go function - Mke

The dll file for the Home software to use the TomTom via the PC is missing, it simply needs updating, I thought this file was being downloaded automatically for the new Navcore, but quite often there is a delay between the Navcore release and the dll being made available to use the operate my Go function - Mke

I tried to get both together and after the Navcore update applied, everytime I clicked on the operate button it gave me an error message saying that my TomTom 720 didn't support this function.. Pulled the Tomtom off the charger, the little yellow bar went across, I hit the "I agree" button, put it back on the charger, I hit connect and then TomTom home was able to operate the device..

Pretty weird.

vista

I do not have Vista but understand that if you right click on the .exe file for Home, there is an option to run in XP mode or something close. If so, try that.

i have been runing vista 64 bit for a while now and i did not have any problems so who knows

Good to know. Funny how some with Vista have issues and others ,such as yourself, don't seem to.

Ask a Question