Go720 Screen Locked

Hi guys - I am living in New Zealand, and I have given up waiting for help from TomTom support in Australia for this issue.........

My problem is that my GO720 device only shows one of two screens - either the one of GO in dock (with or without red crosses and/or flashing hard/sd drives) or one of just the device. Which one depends on whether I am connected to the Mac or not.

Home works fine most of the time, but does sometimes crash on connection,and I can perform all functions on Home (including OMG - which by the way TT support tells me is not possible on a Mac....) my Mac and Home detect when I plug in or out my device. I can see both HD and SD cards on Mac Finder, and can add edit or delete files OK. Update seems to work but does not fix problem.

I am running latest version of home and device software, I have restored a back up to the device and still have same problem with or without SD card in.

All this started when I installed Western Europe map a month or so ago....

Any suggestions?

Have you tried a pin reset on the unit using a paperclip?

Also, make a Finder, not Home, backup of your unit's contents.

Format the unit (I think a Mac only shows a DOS Format option, if so use that).

Restore your backup.

Benn there done that...

Thanks DHN, yes already done all of the above. I have tried formatting both HD and SD card and then uninstalling home and reloading. Even after doing all this and reloading or copying stuff back onto various drives I still get only those two screens as described????

Can you try putting the application on the sdhc card, inserting the card into the unit and see if the unit boots properly that way?

Ask a Question