GO 740 Live Correct Update?

I think something is wrong with my device. I tried updating the North America 2gb map, but when I check my TomTom it says the map version is v825.2157, while the newest one is v8.4. TomTom Home says that it is up to date, but apparently not.

It shows:
App: 8.371
GPS: v1.20
Map: "North America 2GB" v825.2157

Anyone know how to fix this? And is everything else up to date?

840 is indeed the latest map. When you go to Home's Tools-->Latest Map guarantee, is it not offered?

If not, call support at 866-486-6866.

It was offered, but then after I used it, nothing changed on the TomTom. Then when I tried to use the latest map guarantee again, it says that I already have the latest.

You did click on Install?

See if you can find it here:
C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\maps\

I am at the same version, 825.2157, and have been told all along mine is up to date. Now that I know it is not, I guess I will have to try to contact TomTom?

I would guess so. 866-486-6866.

Hope your unit is less than 30 days old to take advantage of the LMG.

I did call, and aside from the hold time, all went smooth. They needed to see a proof of purchase, and a screen shot of my order off of Amazon.com worked for this.

Once she had that, she added the maps to my TomTom profile, and I now have 840 loaded.

Calling worked for me. I am up to 840 now. Just be ready with proof of purchase info when you call. If it is an on-line purchase a screen shot of the order info will work (they wanted to see where purchased, date, and amount).

If not on-line, be ready with a scanned BMP image of a receipt or something. They will have you upload the proof of purchase on their website under your account.

Good Luck.

Ask a Question