Go 730 Routing Problem

TomTom Model(s)
GO 2535
I would appreciate if someone will check this and see if I have a problem or if the system has a problem.

Using App. 8.351 and Map North America 2 GB 8.30-2284

If I use the voice nav function and try to enter VA/Colonial Heights/Peace Cliff Ct, it is not found. Manually entering the same information still does not find it but if I manually enter zip 23834 (the only zip code for Colonial Heights, VA) then Peace Cliff Ct. it finds it immediately. There are other streets that also are not found. It seems that unless I use the zip code it gets its' cities mixed up.

At this point I don't know if the problem is with my unit or with Tom Tom.

Last edited:
With my 830 NA_2GB map on my 720, I see 2 listings for Colonial Heights Va. One has in brackets after it (Bristol) and the second listing has (Matoaca).

The Bristol does not have the street you are looking for. The second listing (Matoaca) does.

Apparently Bristol, VA has a community named Colonial Heights. Matoaca is a part of Petersburg and has a zip code of 23803. Mine will show a "Colonial Heights, VA" which is what comes up after entering the 23834 zip code and this works but if I just type in the city and street it doesn't work or if I use the voice nav.

Ask a Question