GO 6200 - SD card/map error

I have exactly this problem running 24.101.0002.411 (0) (26/04/2024) on a 6200.
Just leaving for the USA and found I cannot read any of the maps on the SD card. It will not let me reformat the card. It also looks like the maps are still on the SD card judging by the space available.
This is incredibly frustrating as I need the TT.
Where are favourites stored for maps 1) on internal memomey and 2) on SD card?
Thanks everyone for posting, it is a help to know it’s not just my set up.

Just leaving for the USA and found I cannot read any of the maps on the SD card. It will not let me reformat the card. It also looks like the maps are still on the SD card judging by the space available.
I believe the favourites are stored in your TomTom account. When I managed to reinstall (a smaller version of) the USA map to internal memory my favourites came back automatically, even though it was a variant of the original map.

Not that you can use the SD card yet, but I couldn't reform mine within the device itself, but could reformat it in a PC. When I put it back in the device it prompted to format to the TomTom format. Still not usable though! :)

The favorites are stored in the internal memory of the GPS for the favorites to be visible on the map you must have selected the correct map on your GPS.

You can install the map of the United States on the internal memory of the GPS.

003 installed & USA map installed to internal memory disappeared. Usual "Oops something went wrong" error when selecting the SD card to install the map. I'd say it's not fixed!

So, today received an email from TomTom support to say that there is a new release of the update: 24.102.0003.411 (0).

Does not solve the problem for me!

So, today received an email from TomTom support to say that there is a new release of the update: 24.102.0003.411 (0).

Does not solve the problem for me!
We'd need to know what you already have in internal memory, whether the 6200 has properly formatted the uSD card (you'll know if this has actually happened, because your 6200 will ask HOW you want to format it - maps or routes), and what errors you are seeing in the process of trying to download a map to the uSD card on your 6200.

There is nothing on the memory card. When I did the update for the previous version I did not know of this issue, and thought my card had a problem, so I placed the sd card in my computer and formatted it. Then I placed it back in my TomTom and formatted for maps. But in any case I cannot still load maps to it!

Internal memory is almost filled as I have Europe Map installed plus speed camera, and charging points locations, as indicated by MyDrive Connect.

There is nothing on the memory card. When I did the update for the previous version I did not know of this issue, and thought my card had a problem, so I placed the sd card in my computer and formatted it. Then I placed it back in my TomTom and formatted for maps. But in any case I cannot still load maps to it!

Internal memory is almost filled as I have Europe Map installed plus speed camera, and charging points locations, as indicated by MyDrive Connect.
GO 6200 with 16 GB of internal memory so if you have installed the 9 GB Europe map plus the radars you still have room

Don't know what to say. Have had no issues since moving to the 24.102.0003 code.
Guess I'd try another PC format of the card followed by a device format in the 'Map' format.

Don't know what to say. Have had no issues since moving to the 24.102.0003 code.
Guess I'd try another PC format of the card followed by a device format in the 'Map' format.
Tried this and I am surprised to say it works. Thanks for suggesting. Since I had formatted under 24.102.0002 I just assumed it would be OK since it looked like it did prior to the problem.

Has the SD card been formatted by your device
Have you any other maps on that SD ard?
I had taken it out to reformat in the PC & then put back for TomTom reformat before 003 was released, so there should have been nothing on the card.

I've just repeated that process, but this time did a FULL format of the SD card rather than the quick format. When I put it in the TomTom I was asked to format for |Routes or Maps - chose maps. It now appears to be installing maps to the SD card! :)

Ask a Question