Go 530 - which is the correct application?

TomTom Model(s)
Go 530
In the TomTom Home software, it shows my computer has 3 applications: what looks like the basic application, then one called "Business Solutions" and another called " Work".

The device (my own, personally bought unit) has only the Business Solutions application loaded. Even stranger, although both versions (the one on the computer and the one in the device) are the same Version (8.398) they're very different sizes, the computer on showing at 55MB and the one in the device showing at 36MB.

Can anyone explain what's going on here, please? I would have thought the correct one would just be the basic app in my device.

Yes, I saw your post elsewhere.......

The old name for the Truck software was called 'Work' and it did get renamed to 'Business Solutions'. As far as I know, the version you show IS the correct one for that model BUT YOU ALSO NEED a special map.

When you downloaded anything from TomTom for pre Navcore 10.X devices, the download (whether a map, a new application, gps files, etc.) first gets dl to here:

C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\ and then the 'complete' contains folders for 'Map', 'Program', etc.

So, you may be seeing the compressed app file on the computer and the installed version on the unit itself.

OK, thanks - I found those folders and the Business one has the filename as work , rev 8.398. The cab file is 40MB.

The Work one has filename work Rev 8.395, and the 'basic' app is 8.351.

So if there's logic in the versions then I do have the latest. I was just wondering if my TomTom was trying to use the wrong App. It's been playing up and I don't recall seeing the TomTom Work icon on the main menu page before.

Hmm...this is a refurbed unit from TomTom after the previous one failed. Maybe it came as it is.

There's nothing to indicate the map is a 'work' map - the one installed is version 850.2781.

Should I remove the 'work' app and install the basic one?

That's your call.....do you need Truck or Caravan routing? If not, you don't need anything more than 8.351

OK - slightly more complicated than I thought. I imagined I'd be able to click on the basic app in in the "items on computer" and install that, but all that can be done is to delete.

I just deleted the app from the device and asked it to check for updates - it threw up the basic version so I've installed that. All seems well. Still somewhat baffled by how the work app got there and can only think it's always been like that.

Thanks for the help! :thumb:

Ask a Question