via 1530 cant add voice

TomTom Model(s)
via 1530
i have been reading on this forum and am still having problems.I dl a darth vader voice and a tie fighter from another thread.I opend my tomtom and used add comunity content,add poi then install.It shows it going on to tomtom but from there i cant figure out how to use them?Any help would be great...thanks...:thumb:

You don't add them as POI.... (those are "points of interest" files).

In MyTomTom's Add community content, there is a separate section for adding voices.

You then need to add all the files in the set. For most voices that means
dataxx.chk
dataxx.vif
dataxx.bmp (optional)

there's also a dataxx.tlv, but I don;t think you need that one (it's used by TT Home)

Amazingly, I just discovered that TomTom seem to have quietly added an on-line "library" of voices for NAV3 models (slightly like the old one in TT Home)

This is something people have been screaming for ever since MyTomTom was introduced, so I've no idea why they haven't made more of an announcement about it!

The instructions are here http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3170/kw/add%20voices

I don't know if it works properly as I do not have access to any accounts on there currently.

Anyone care to try it with one of the free voices? (it seems you still have to put it in your shopping basket with the "buy" button)

Ask a Question