GO 520 just refusing to get recognised in Home

TomTom Model(s)
GO 520
Hi all!
I got a TT GO 520 today! - And I love it so far!
Although I have one problem:
No matter what I try, I cannot get the Home software to regognise my TT as a valid device
I'm using windows Vista HP
I have tried everything, from reinstalling (including the TT drivers), to multible restarts to changeing UAC settings, to using compatability modes!
Nothing seems to work!
I wouldent mind, but I do love updates!
And the ability to make a backup....as only yesterday I managed to delete some files on a One XL memory card that made it unuseable and had to return to the store, without making a backup first!
Although I say I connected the One XL to a computer, it was a completely different XP machiene that a friend has!
Here's a copy of the config info that Home provides (the annoying thing is that it sees it in the HD list!)

* Computer info:

Operating system: Windows NT 6.0 (build 6000)
Free memory: 154681344 bytes
User home directory: "C:\Users\Rob"
Home volume space: 29542 / 74214 MB
Temporary directory: "C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\Temp\"
Temp volume space: 29542 / 74214 MB
Install directory: "C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME\"
Install volume space: 29542 / 74214 MB
External volume devices: D:\ [TomTom] 0 / 701 MB ; F:\ [F:\] 561 / 957 MB ; G:\ [ROB'S IPOD] 18170 / 28507 MB ; H:\ [INTERNAL] 148 / 489 MB
OS login name: "Rob"
Host name: "Robs-Laptop"
Date and time: 2007-08-26 22:36:22

* HOME info:

HOME Version: 1.6.020
Language: en_GB
Service discovery server sweet.tomtom.com requires no proxy
Connection state: logged in as "******"
Loaded device dll: none

* Connected device: none

* Backup info:

No backups.

* Run-time variables:

sDeviceCode = ""
sDeviceMUID = ""
sDeviceType = ""
sLastConnectedDevice = "unknown"
sLoginType = "User"
sUsername = "*******"
sSessionId = "7a1281ea:baba37bd:00000000:00000000:00000000:00000000:5mmitgf2vk1a42fqsmnik10sj1"
sBrowserComponentType = "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; Embedded Web Browser from: http://bsalsa.com/; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506)"
sFlashVersion = "9"
sSoftwareVersion = ""

* Number of outstanding timers: 1

2007-08-27T04:36:13, secs: 21600 (360 min), type: POLL, ID: PollTimer

Can anyone help!
Thanks in advance,
Rob!

I was about to point to you the HOME 2.0 Beta but looks like they have taken it down now.

How did you install home from the cd? or internal memory of the TT device? I don't know if it makes a difference but you can try installing HOME from the internal memory of the 520, there should be an executable setup file or something like that.

I had looked for the 2 bea, but couldent find it anymore!
Origionally I installed the CD, then the TomTom drivers
But since then in one of my permutations I have tried the version on the TomTom, but all it did was either direct me to a download (...which is down at the moment) or to the install CD

They took down the BETA

Thank you for you interest in the TomTom HOME 2.0 beta test.

Our beta testing period is now complete. We are analyzing the results and feedback received and look forward to sharing a new improved version of HOME 2.0 in the near future. In the meantime, please visit the TomTom HOME section of our website for the latest information about TomTom HOME.

Perhaps give HOME 1.5 five a try? Well, when they get the PLUS services up on the site.

If the site is not up Monday morning, I would suggest calling support.

I've called support multible times now!
And nothing at all has come out of it!
Only something about a Vista update, which doesnt even apply to my system!
I don't suppose anyone has V 1.5 or V2 setup file avilable for email?

Hi all!
I got a TT GO 520 today! - And I love it so far!
Although I have one problem:
No matter what I try, I cannot get the Home software to regognise my TT as a valid device
I'm using windows Vista HP
I have tried everything, from reinstalling (including the TT drivers), to multible restarts to changeing UAC settings, to using compatability modes!
Nothing seems to work!
I wouldent mind, but I do love updates!
And the ability to make a backup....as only yesterday I managed to delete some files on a One XL memory card that made it unuseable and had to return to the store, without making a backup first!
Although I say I connected the One XL to a computer, it was a completely different XP machiene that a friend has!
Here's a copy of the config info that Home provides (the annoying thing is that it sees it in the HD list!)

* Computer info:

Operating system: Windows NT 6.0 (build 6000)
Free memory: 154681344 bytes
User home directory: "C:\Users\Rob"
Home volume space: 29542 / 74214 MB
Temporary directory: "C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\Temp\"
Temp volume space: 29542 / 74214 MB
Install directory: "C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME\"
Install volume space: 29542 / 74214 MB
External volume devices: D:\ [TomTom] 0 / 701 MB ; F:\ [F:\] 561 / 957 MB ; G:\ [ROB'S IPOD] 18170 / 28507 MB ; H:\ [INTERNAL] 148 / 489 MB
OS login name: "Rob"
Host name: "Robs-Laptop"
Date and time: 2007-08-26 22:36:22

* HOME info:

HOME Version: 1.6.020
Language: en_GB
Service discovery server sweet.tomtom.com requires no proxy
Connection state: logged in as "******"
Loaded device dll: none

* Connected device: none

* Backup info:

No backups.

* Run-time variables:

sDeviceCode = ""
sDeviceMUID = ""
sDeviceType = ""
sLastConnectedDevice = "unknown"
sLoginType = "User"
sUsername = "*******"
sSessionId = "7a1281ea:baba37bd:00000000:00000000:00000000:00000000:5mmitgf2vk1a42fqsmnik10sj1"
sBrowserComponentType = "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; Embedded Web Browser from: http://bsalsa.com/; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506)"
sFlashVersion = "9"
sSoftwareVersion = ""

* Number of outstanding timers: 1

2007-08-27T04:36:13, secs: 21600 (360 min), type: POLL, ID: PollTimer

Can anyone help!
Thanks in advance,
Rob!

One thing you might want to try is to connect your TT and then install TT Home. I have a 510 and I hade and incident the other day where I connected to the computer and TT Home would not come up, It was not recognizing my 510 after a year of use. I removed TT Home from my pc, connected my 51o, and redownloaded TT Home from their site. It worked after that. One other question- did you login to register your 520? When I frist got my 510 it was not recognized until I logged it inw/ e-maile address and the 510s info. just a thought.

Thanks for all your suggetions
Following calls to TT support, nothing has come out of it
Until a TT staff member contacted me through email, and suggested trying it in another machiene
So I have now tried to connect it to my vista PC, and 2 completely different XP computers
It has not worked on either!
This suggest to me that it could be the TT itself at fault?
Has anyone ever encountered this before?
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Rob

At this point I would wonder whether your cradle is at fault. Basically, you need to isolate the problem to:

1) Your device (try a different 520/720);
2) Your cradle (try a different one);
3) Your computer.

Although you've tried a different computer, it could be that security settings on all of them were set to be so restrictive that Home could not be installed correctly, or can operate correctly (without adequate warning from the security software), or USB devices are not registering correctly.

Well ive only jsut managed to install TT Home 2 (its released now)
It now recognises the TT :)
So yer, all is well now, and no one seems to know why it didnt work before!
It really couldent of been the security settings - sted it on a machiene with just XP (no service packs), with no antivirus/spyware or firewall, with IE settings at their lowest, and it still did not work!
But it works fine on TT Home 2 :)
Thanks everyone for your suggestions
Rob

Ask a Question