GO 510 Power Light

When my GO 510 is on the docking cradle the green power light is on.

However, when it is in the car with the car adapter plugged in the light does not illuminate.

Is this normal ?

The reason I ask is that my wife's ONE XL light illuminates when on the car charger.

Thanks.

No, it is not right. Is the charger light on when plugged into the receptacle? If not, perhaps contact isn't being made. Push it in a bit more.

If the charger light is on but the unit's light isn't, then the charger may be faulty. TomTom has been known to replace faulty car chargers.

The light on the charger is on.

Any idea if the chargers between a GO 510 and a ONE XL are interchangeable? That would allow me to tell for certain.

Thanks.

Well they are not interchangeable.

However, the house AC adapter can be plugged into the windshield mount (the house adapter and the car adapter have the same connector and are interchangeable - good tip for debugging).

Called TomTom and they are going to RMA me a new car adapter.

I also have a 510 and did have a problem w/ the windshield mount. The green light would flicker and somestimes turn off with bumps in the road. My night color schemes would turn on at random. TT replaces my mount free of charge. Supposedly there was a problem with the 510 mounts.

Hi NecoSino,

Sorry but I disagree.

(1) on the house dock + AC adapter = green light on
(2) on the winddhield mount + car adapter = no green light
(3) on the windshield mount + AC adapter = green light on

I also put my multimeter on the car adapter and did not measure a voltage output.

I checked the 12V outlet in my car with other devices and proved it was functional.

Therefore it still looks like the car adapter to me.

Thanks.

I received my replacement car adapter yesterday and the GPS has been running fine for the last two days (the green light is on).

Thanks all to your help with this.

Ask a Question