power light on top of GO 510 Left corner

Is this light always suppose to show green? Even with dead battery? And I am guessing there is no way to run this GPS with what seems to be. Junk battery?

If it's green, the battery is not dead.
If it's green , but doesn.t turn on you can use program Clear-Flash (download from TomTom website to fix it).
Replacing the 510 battery is not easy. You need a hard to find T5 screwdriver and some dexterity. Very stupid design.
Yes, I love TomTom but sometimes they get on my nerves.

Depending upon the fault with the battery it could be possible that a faulty one is taking all the power from the charger, there will be enough available to illuminate the LED but insufficiant capacity left to power the device, the battery is effectively shorting out the power charger, I have seen this before and the only fix is to change the battery but as lec510 has said its a real big tear down to get at the cell as it was the first item fitted when they built the device from new - Mike

Ask a Question