Tomtom 510 No Power

Hi All, Just Wonder If Anybody Can Help Me With This. I Have A Tomtom 510 About 3 Years Old No Warranty. Was Working Fine. But Suddenly It Stop Working. If You Press The Power Button On The Device It Doesn't Power On. When You Put The Main Charger On It Only Shows One Green Light On On The Device. Can Any Body Advise Whats Wrong & How To Sort This Out. Any Reply Will Be Highly Appreciated. Many Thanks

First, try a pin reset and see if it will come on (most likely not = but try anyway).

Connect it to you computer with the dock, and turn it on. If it asks if you want to connect to your computer, say no. Then, does the 510 boot up OK in the home dock and operates OK ?

If so, you are probably dealing with a bad battery. Try leaving it in the dock for a few hours again (if you have done the pin reset), and see if it will now hold a charge.

If not, you have to decide if you want to deal with the battery, or go with a new device. New devices are WAY cheaper then when you got the 510 - especially if you shop online.

OK - the "dhn reset" (aptly named after its biggest proponent) is to be found in the mounting indentation on your unit. It is hard to find on x10 units, so be careful. It is at a half moon shaped depression in the docking indent. There is a tiny hole at the bottom - again hard to find.

TT support says to use a toothpick (I used a small paper clip). If you go to TT support site and search for the subject - they may still have a picture with an arrow pointing at the spot.

Hold it in for at lease 15 seconds.

If I power my TomTom 510 off and try to turn it back on quickly, it will get to a state where it will not power on. The only thing that fixes it is a pin reset. I keep a travel sewing kit in the TomTom bag and use the needle to do the reset.

Good luck.

Ask a Question