510 power without windshield cradle?

TomTom Model(s)
GO 510
I'm investigating dashboard-based mounts, and in the process realized that you can't get power to the 510 without the windshield cradle. The power cord plugs into the cradle, which is plugged into the 510. Oh, for a simple on-board power connector like my old GO Classic!

Does anyone know of a solution for this? Some third-party power connector for the 510? Or has anyone removed the suction cup/ball/post from the windshield cradle? I'm thinking of picking up a spare to try just that. :)

thanks for the info runag!
I remember reading about this from the German forums. I only saw it available to them. Now it looks like its also in the US!

I would try it out, but my problem I notice is that the unit is not firm to the mount itself. It still vibrates etc.

If you click on the image to enlarge, it shows 3 pictures in total. The mount would be attached to a proclip car mount or the mount they offer.

Ask a Question