Getting my TomTom One v3 soon....

So i ordered a tomtom one on ebay and found out it was the v3 recently, the one with the global locate chipset and the internal 1gb memory. So two questions.

1. Can someone who has a verizon phone and a tomtom let me know how to set up plus services using a verizon phone, i know its possible and ive hacked my phone already and use it as a data modem for my comp so set up should be minimal.

2. I have an extra 1gb card from my camera thats now broken, can the tomtom one v3 access both the internal and SD card, so i can keep voices and POI's on the SD while keeping the maps internally?

Thanks,

Daniel

Hi,

I have the V3 and from what I've tried and read here, there doesn't seem to be a way to use both internal memory and an SD card at the same time. I haven't tried wiping the internal memory clean and loading the sd card with a full backup of the unit but some folks here claim it will work.

I'm also thinking about using a 2GB card instead of the internal memory to make some more room for other things.

-N-

It seems that the internal memory cannot be accessed together with the SD card. As soon as you put in an SD card, the internal memory is disabled.

I don't have a verizon phone but I believe there are some threads here on how to connect such phones, just search.

Thanks for the reply's, i have a couple other questions.

1. What is the difference between the North American Maps and the USA Canada Maps, other than one is 900mb and one 1.4gb. Is it important to me if all im going to be doing is drving in the united states and maybe up to canada once or twice?

2. How much memory is left either on the internal 1gb or external 1gb when it comes, as in how much space will i have to put new voices, new POI's etc.?

Thanks for the reply's, i have a couple other questions.

1. What is the difference between the North American Maps and the USA Canada Maps, other than one is 900mb and one 1.4gb. Is it important to me if all im going to be doing is drving in the united states and maybe up to canada once or twice?

2. How much memory is left either on the internal 1gb or external 1gb when it comes, as in how much space will i have to put new voices, new POI's etc.?

1. Check this post out - Link

2. Well, the TT1 comes with the USA/Canada maps which is about 870MB. You also may have other directories that take up space but in all you should have about 110-120ish MB free. That should be plenty of space to install voices, POI's, and alerts.

if you can't use internal memory and the SD card at the same time, how can the One V3 use the north america maps since they are > 1GB? you mean to say when its running the NA maps, the entire 1GB main memory is unused?

if you can't use internal memory and the SD card at the same time, how can the One V3 use the north america maps since they are > 1GB? you mean to say when its running the NA maps, the entire 1GB main memory is unused?

The ONE does not come with the NA maps because of the size (1.4GB) and thus cannot fit on the internal memory. The only way you can use the NA maps is using a 2GB SD card.

I would have to assume that, yes, when you are using the NA maps on a SD card, the internal memory is not used. That is the current understanding.

Ask a Question