Getting online planned routes to Tomtom

Hope you guys can help me it

Im going on a road trip to europe and it obviously want my tomtom to show me the way

now ive planned all the routes on google maps using a combination of coordinates, address and the dragging of googles advised route onto another route

now i want to be able to transfer these to my tomtom. I understand i can only transfer by GPS if the route is business to business? but my routes arnt

Also i wanted to be able to plan and save by each day, so i can just load day1 then day2 rather than input the routes at the start of each journey

hope you can help

thanks

See here for using Google maps and a 3rd party application called TYRE to create itineraries.

You can create an itinerary for day 1, another for day 2, etc.

Also understand that an itinerary is just a bunch of waypoints for TomTom to get you to but it is still TomTom that determines how to get to each point (considering traffic, preferences, etc.).

You are allowed 48 waypoints per itinerary and the more you create, the more like that TomTom will follow the roads YOU want rather than your unit selecting alternatives.

You may want to use my favoured alternative to itineraries and that is creating a custom poi category and putting all those locations you determined with Google maps in there as POIs.

Then use TYRE and edit the address line by typing a city or location name at the front of the address.
It makes it easy to find the next place to which you are going as POIs are not listed alphabetically but by distance from current location of the GPS.

For itineraries you could also play with Routenoptimierung
Select en at the top right, enter Start and Destination, enter Stop-overs (way points), each stop-over must end with a semi-colon, then click on the faint red GO at the bottom left.
Your result will be shown in a Google map but the text will be in German. No matter as there is a box called [tomtom/itn]. Click on that while connected with HOME and a a new ITN will be added to your list. You may want to rename the default which starts with zr.

Ask a Question