Flashing red X, No backup, HELP

I have a TT One XL, I was installing updates and my son unplugged the unit. Now I have a flashing red X. I do not have a backup since I just got this and only used it once. When I tried to uninstall and reinstall I get an error message. I can't do anything on the device or in Home. Please help!!
Error message is...

ERROR: DesktopLib/DeviceItemScan/Error: Error during scanning for navigation items HomeBase/IO: Error reading file: G:\art\cars\-default.bmp
@ .\portable\cfile.cpp(1938)
@ .\framework\DeviceItemScannerThread.cpp(74)

in .\framework\DeviceItemScannerThread.cpp:74
Stack:
0. function errorAbortTask chrome://tthome/content/logic/ttTask.js:508
error(e);
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:77
this._errorCallback(e);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:69
this._errorFatal(error);

Time: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 03:58:23 GMT

I'm new to this so please explain it to me like a dummie.
Thanks!:eek:

Getting a little farther

Ok, I was finally able to uninstall the application but now I'm getting this error message...

ERROR: DesktopLib/InstallToDevice/Install/Single/DestinationFileDoesNotExist: Cannot create this file: G:\bin\obexftpd
@ .\framework\InstallToDeviceThread.cpp(1328)
Last Error is 00000570 Item metadata is <HOME2 version="2.7">
<program idnum="13099" idurl="http://num1.id.tomtom.com/13099" idstr="Navigator" version="8.016">
<title lang="en-US" mimetype="text/plain">TomTom application for ONE XL</title>
<description lang="en-US" mimetype="text/plain">The latest version of the application for your TomTom device. We recommend that you update so that you always have the latest features and the best performance on your TomTom. For a list of changes made in this application, see TomTom, portable GPS car navigation systems - Support home - Select your product Note: If your TomTom or TomTom application has been adapted by your employer, IT administrator or any company other than TomTom, please check with the supplier before you install our latest application. This applies to any applications based on the TomTom SDK.</description>
<image mimetype="image/png" url="http://home.tomtom.com/media/program/icon/program.png" usage="icon"/>
<download>
<url location="http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/navcore/navcore_8.016.9380.fayetteville_l_tts.cab" content="main" size="23252992" downloader="true" qos="0"/>
</download>
<size>23252992</size>
<targetdevice models="limerick1024_tts_1v8"/>
<price free="true"/>
<supplier id="tomtom">
<name>TomTom</name>
<image mimetype="image/png" url="http://home.tomtom.com/media/suppliers/tomtom_supplier_icon.png" usage="icon"/>
</supplier>
<build>9380</build>
</program>
</HOME2>
in .\framework\InstallToDeviceThread.cpp:1328
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/commit.js:82
error(textOrException);
1. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1058
this._commitFailed(i, commitPage);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:79
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
3. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:77
this._errorCallback(e);
4. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:69
this._errorFatal(error);

Time: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 04:58:01 GMT

Shut down Home if it is running.

Use Explorer to look at the contents of your unit. Do you see a map folder (probably called something like USA_Canada) with lots of stuff in it? If so, use Explorer to make a backup of the unit's contents. Ensure hidden files, folders are showing.

Now, use Explorer to delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents.

Click on this link and download the application.

Use winrar (or equivalent) to extract the contents to the unit, overwriting existing files if necessary. Winrar keep the file structure intact when files are extracted from a compressed cab file.

Disconnect the unit from the computer PROPERLY using the Safely Remove Hardware icon. Does it work now? If so, reconnect to the computer and make an Explorer, not Home backup of your unit's contents.

Ask a Question