Flashing Red Circle! Ahh!

My sad sob story is that I left my beloved TomTom One in my car during a storm..and of course left the windows down.
Well, thankfully I had put my GPS under my car seat. It seemed a bit wet but not too damaged I think. When I turned it on, all I got was a white screen. After drying it out a bit, its working better.

Now when I hold down the power button for 15 sec, I get the TomTom logo screen, which seems like a good sign to me.

But after that, I get this flashing red circle with a white X through it. When I plug in the TomTom to my comp, the flashing X goes away, but nothing else happens on the TT.

The computer makes the USB *bing* noise, but other than that doesn't recognize it. Tom Tom Home claims no device is connected:eek:

So what do I do? Please help me! Somebody - anybody!

Thanks so much for the assistance !

Try the reset again.............(your model doesn't have a dedicated reset hole, does it?)

See if this time the computer does recognize the device. That would be a start.

Also, do you have a sd slot in your device and a sd card?

Sorry, but there are a zillion models called 'One' and it is difficult, if not impossible, to keep straight what functionality/hardware goes with each One model.

Sorry about that, I had a difficult time figuring out what model I have.

I have a TT ONE IQ Routes - 140S.

There is no reset button, nor any SD slot.

When I reset the TT while it's connected to the computer, the USB comp noise goes off, but nothing else happens.

I tried in a couple different USB ports. Same thing.

Connect to a computer and then hold the power button forever. It should restart.

If the Tomtom still doesn't connect (and you're using the same cable/computer that used to work), there's a good chance that there's a physical fault in the device.

Ask a Question