Flashing red circle white x

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v3
Hi there

I just bought a ONE 3rd edition, should be getting it later this week.

In looking around on the web, I noticed a lot of hooplah about "tomtom flashing red circle white x" (http://www.google.ca/search?q=tomtom+flashing+red+circle+white+x). Basically there seems to be a lot of people who had problems after first connecting their ONE to their computer and performing the first update.

Can anyone who has recently purchased a 3rd Edition tell me if things are ok now? Conversely, are there people out there still having this problem? I'd like to know before I plug the thing in for the first time.

Thanks!
Mike

I have a second edition but went through the same thing. The problem I had was that Home downloaded the firmware for the 710 (or 920) instead of the One. It was at the time that the new version of Home came out. Mid October. I think that has been resolved. If it does happen, it isn't a big deal. I had to format the device and copy the maps and stuff back manually.

But just as everyone here says. before you do anything. Back that thing up!

I have a second edition but went through the same thing. The problem I had was that Home downloaded the firmware for the 710 (or 920) instead of the One. It was at the time that the new version of Home came out. Mid October. I think that has been resolved. If it does happen, it isn't a big deal. I had to format the device and copy the maps and stuff back manually.

But just as everyone here says. before you do anything. Back that thing up!

Jbacka, thanks for the reply, thats good to know that it appears to be resolved.

PS its kinda funny that out of all the people who could have replied, it happened to be someone who lives right across the river from me! :cool:

Ask a Question