Flash-demo: Installing TripMaster

I;m having problems after the install. Tripmaster will open but the menu will not and everything is really slow. About a minute after tapping the stop button it finally goes off. Any ideas?

Flash is great!
But....

I tried that way, I tried using Home to install it and in both cases I achieved the same result: no fourth page, no TripMaster icon. Same goes with TM 1.8a and 2Beta.
Gremlins, maybe?
What am I missing?
As you see in my signature, I have the TT Rider, Firmware 7.540, home 2.3.
The new software for the TTR has some of the TM funcionalities, but I like the TM interface better.
Any help would welcomed!
Ciao!

TomTom Rider 2 and Tripmaster install

G'day All, Glenn here and I live in Victoria, Australia. I have been trying to install Tripmaster with very little success!
I have read and tried both install options as described and also followed the excellent Flash install with no luck whatever. I have downloaded and installed the very latest software from TomTom so I am lost.
I get to the part where I have loaded the Tripmaster unzipped programs to the TomTom but like a few others the 4th screen does not appear. I need to know the exact directories that the files should be extracted to.
I have tried extracting to the root directory which creates the Tripmaster Folder and I have also tried just extracting the files within the archive to the root directory without the Tripmaster folder.
All to no satisfaction.
What am I doing wrong?

Please HELP!

May you still be riding when the sun sets!

G'day All, Glenn here and I live in Victoria, Australia. I have been trying to install Tripmaster with very little success!
I have read and tried both install options as described and also followed the excellent Flash install with no luck whatever. I have downloaded and installed the very latest software from TomTom so I am lost.
I get to the part where I have loaded the Tripmaster unzipped programs to the TomTom but like a few others the 4th screen does not appear. I need to know the exact directories that the files should be extracted to.
I have tried extracting to the root directory which creates the Tripmaster Folder and I have also tried just extracting the files within the archive to the root directory without the Tripmaster folder.
All to no satisfaction.
What am I doing wrong?

Please HELP!

May you still be riding when the sun sets!

This problem has been mentioned in the Rider forum. Tripmaster no longer works on the R2 after upgrading to app 7.54. ie the icons do not appear. There was a suggestion to use the menu editor app to solve this problem but I decided not to go this route myself because you lose some of the default icons.

Flash-demo Tripmaster

Anyone with the latest software for the TTR2....give up. I have read, somewhere here I think, that Tripmaster will not work at all on this device. So, until the excellent work done by the Tripmaster author surmounts this dilemna, we shall have to wait.

TTR2 and tripmaster install

Thanks Runar for the tip however I did follow your Flash install but at no stage could I see any config file nor could I locate one on the TomTom.
If you could be more specific about where to find it I would be most appreciative.
Thanks
Glenn

It seems that many people have problems installing TripMaster on their TomToms with V7 software. To help I made a Flash-demo to show how to do it manually without using Home.

I hope that this can help some people getting TripMaster installed:)

Thanks! This was bery helpfull!
TripMastre Beta 2 not working but TripM... 1 works, thanks! :) :) :) :) :)

Still cant see Tripmaster

Ok, I have come back to this again and I have watched the Flash several times and I still don't see the Tripmaster application on my menu. I extracted the contents of the .cab file directly to the tomtom maintaining the file structure and still don't see it. I have the TomTom Rider 2. I just don't understand how or where I could have gone wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rick

I have heard that there is a problem with TM on Rider2. I don't have a Rider2 myself, but that's what I have heard.

I think that TM is working on all other units and software versions, but that doesn't help you.....

Just installed tripmasters latest beta on my tt go920 with the 8.010 firmware. 4 menu button appeers and tripmaster stars but I cannot access the set up screens? I can access the config menu and have tried entering different TomTom models into the screenadaptation line but still no set up screen. Any ideas?

That's right. It's because TomTom decided not to support 3rd party applications any more! You have to do as I show in the demo, edit the config-file in a text editor. Everything from the setup screen is there.

I followed your flash demo (which is Great) however not all the great features of Tripmaster are working. The inability to access the set up screens limits your usage of the application. The config.txt file is only scratching at the surface of the set up capabilities. I cant change the clock, for one. There has to be a way to break open v8.010 on the TT to marry it up with the latest Tripmaster 2 beta. Any suggestions? Ive been posting all over this forum basically the same thing.

It seems that many people have problems installing TripMaster on their TomToms with V7 software. To help I made a Flash-demo to show how to do it manually without using Home.

I hope that this can help some people getting TripMaster installed:)

Wel i'm still one of "these people" i've looked at he flash, and it ssems very simple. But on my device A HTC Touch Cruise running XM 6.1 and TomTom navigator version 7.45 I don't see the Tripmaster menu option anywhere.
I have put the 3 folders first in the root folder on the Memory card, then in the TTN forlder on the memory card. then in the root folder of the device, and anywhere else i could find TTN related files.

But what ever i do, no menu option. I downloaded Tripmaster version 2.5 and extracted the 3 folders from the ZIP file, and followed the instructions. but no menu option.

What am I doing wrong? :mad:

Any help appreciated!

Pieter

"HTC Touch Cruise"?

The version of TripMaster you are trying to load is designed for TomTom model hardware vs Navigator on another device. The hooks for video and touch screen won't be the same, especially with the new tweaks designed to overcome specific issues with Navcore 8.

"HTC Touch Cruise"?

The version of TripMaster you are trying to load is designed for TomTom model hardware vs Navigator on another device. The hooks for video and touch screen won't be the same, especially with the new tweaks designed to overcome specific issues with Navcore 8.

Touch Cruise also known as P3760 (?) I think.

when you say: the version I'm trying is for hardware TomToms. does that imply that that there is a version that would work on my PDA, rumming WM 6.1. or am I just doing some wishfull thinking...

Pieter

Ask a Question