First GPS, got a few questions

Im suffering trieng to make my decision on my first GPS.
1. A worker at bestbuy showed me their tomtom720 playing a music video and that there was a link at tomtom website to download to allow that, anyone have that and will that still work on 920 ?

2. Big reason i want to get this is also because i want to connect it to an ipod so it plays through my car speakers, but ive heard lots of stories of it not having good sound quality. I will be using an amp with 2 subs, does anyone have any success story combining these.
2b. Any link to everything i would need to get my gps to work with my tomtom (cables, etc.) possibly instrucions on setting it up.

3. Also i heard that 720 can play incoming bluetooth phone calls through your car speakers, does it work on 920 as well or am i wrong?

4. Would the Motorola RIZR Z3 be compatible

5. Would the only big differences from an iphone gps to this be the ability to update maps, and turn by turn prompt ?

6. Is it true POI places arent that great or have i been misinformed ..

I know i asked to many questions but hopefully someone can help me im really anxious to get on board with a tomtom

Last edited:
5. Would the only big differences from an iphone gps to this be the ability to update maps, and turn by turn prompt ?

The iPhone doesn't have a GPS in it, but you can access Google Maps on an iPhone. Of course, future iPhones *might* have GPS'es, but nothing has been announced.

Im suffering trieng to make my decision on my first GPS.
1. A worker at bestbuy showed me their tomtom720 playing a music video and that there was a link at tomtom website to download to allow that, anyone have that and will that still work on 920 ?

2. Big reason i want to get this is also because i want to connect it to an ipod so it plays through my car speakers, but ive heard lots of stories of it not having good sound quality. I will be using an amp with 2 subs, does anyone have any success story combining these.
2b. Any link to everything i would need to get my gps to work with my tomtom (cables, etc.) possibly instrucions on setting it up.

3. Also i heard that 720 can play incoming bluetooth phone calls through your car speakers, does it work on 920 as well or am i wrong?

4. Would the Motorola RIZR Z3 be compatible

6. Is it true POI places arent that great or have i been misinformed ..

I know i asked to many questions but hopefully someone can help me im really anxious to get on board with a tomtom

I am using the 920 right now.
At present my mp3's are on a 4gig stick and it plays to my in car stereo through whatever frequency I input.
It can also output from gps to your stereo input via fixed cable into your stereo system
It has the third option to connect an ipod to it and then play through the gps to your stereo.

I am happy with the frequency output which is variable, I could always use the fixed hard wire to output left and right channel, however I am quite satisified with the present music quality.

Ask a Question