Firmware

Help Me Please

I have followed your instructions and have the 8.300 firmware on my tomtom 720. I do have all the asr files on and added your file to activate my spoken address and spoken address (dialog). The two buttons have popped up but are grayed out and won't let me access them do you have any ideas. Thank you for your time and support.

What map version do you have (tap the satellite bars to see the FIRMWARE version; tap the version number to see the map installed and its version number).

Also, use Explorer to see the contents of the map folder on the unit. Are there a bunch of csspeech.dat files?

Have you selected a computer voice on the unit?

And, do this. On the unit-->Navigate to-->street and address. Manually select the state map where you are, pick a city. Then back out of the whole process.

Start again. Are the 2 icons active now?

I have application v8.3xx and map version NA8.15xx. I unzipped for necessary states on my North_America_2GB folder and also created .dat file in both folders (i.e. in ASR & North_America_2GB) just to make sure, but I don?t see voice recognition buttons when I tap Navigate to..

Any help?

Are you sure the support_asr.dat is created properly with no extension such that it is really support_asr.dat.txt??

Is there just a 1 in there, no blanks, no carriage returns, nothing else. It goes in the asr folder, not the map folder.

There should be a bunch of other files in the asr folder. There should be a bunch of csspeechxx.dat files in the NA map folder.

If all the above checks out, is a computer voice selected?

Try this: Manually, Navigate to --> Address-->Street and Address. Select the proper map for your State. Does that help??

Try a pin reset.

The usual things to try are: speak slower or faster, speak louder or softer, make sure the environment around you is as quiet as possible when you are speaking, have your mouth closer to the microphone, further away, that kind of stuff........:eek:

Oh, you might want to switch voices on the unit, too.
I am new to the world of tomtom and I have been following everthing everyone has said but I am not getting it to work can someone please help me!

I need to know the application, model and map installed on the unit.

Tap the satellite bars to see the version number of the application involved. Tap the version number and the next screen shows the map version and build installed.

helpful hint from TomTom support

I just got a refurbished GO 630 and speech input didn't work (North America version). The buttons were present, but greyed out. All the speech files were in place per the discussions in this and other forums.

Here's what I had to do, kudos to TomTom support for this info, it was very simple:
0) Touch the Map
1) Choose Navigate To...
2) Choose Address
3) Choose Street and House Number. (This is the screen where the speech input buttons are greyed out.)
4) On the city screen, the upper right showed a US symbol. Touch that and choose a state.

Viola, the speech buttons now work.

Ask a Question