Firmware update

with a FM Transmitter, or FM transmitter tomtom mount, or if your car has an aux outlet for your speakers.

with a FM Transmitter, or FM transmitter tomtom mount, or if your car has an aux outlet for your speakers.

So you can use any FM transmitter? or only the one that is also a mount? If you can use a different kind, what kind and how do you set that up? I haven't run across any menus on TT910 that allows you to set radio frequencies.

you could use whatever fm transmitter. The fm transmitter will plug into your x10 mount. you select the avialable station on the transmitter and tune your radio to that station. you should hear it through your car's speakers.

I have to pay to work here right? Just want to be sure of the employee rights:

1) The right to have my TomTom broken by an update to fix a problem
2) The right to be aggravated by a simple update
3) The right to SPELL simple words like "HAS" incorrectly

And in addition rumor has it that the mods here are better looking. Don't spread that news around it is still being documented and we do not want to create a rush.

do you have to do a reset or something of the device after dropping the file on the tomtom? can anyone confirm this works with the 730?

hands free help

could soemone make this a little easier for me?
"
Go to my computer and located the TomTom directory.
create the file in note pad, use save as then use Windows Explorer to rename the file to read enable_lineout_hands_free.

"
I really wanna try it,but kind of unsure of myself.I have my gps plugged directly into my stereo.
Seems fairly simple..
I have a go 720.

Cheers from Canada

You realize your posting in a thread almost 3 years old, eh? :)

So, I don't know if this 'hack' will work with current applications or not.

That said, if you wish to try:

Use notepad and create a file called
enable_lineout_hands_free

Make sure there is no extension on it. Don't put anything in the file. No spaces, carriage returns or anything.

Save the file in the root of the unit using Explorer (if you created the file on your computer).

Disconnect the unit from the computer properly using the Hardware Device icon.

Restart your unit.

Ask a Question