Firmware update

Update firmware through HOME. Once connected, you must log in through HOME and it will download any updates. I have a ONE, so I'm not sure what the latest firmware is for the 910. Hopefully someone who has one will chime in shortly.

No Phone through Radio

Just updated my firmware. Now I can't hear the phone (hands-free) through the radio speakers. Nice of TomTom to break a good feature.

Just updated my firmware. Now I can't hear the phone (hands-free) through the radio speakers. Nice of TomTom to break a good feature.
Welcome to TomTom's QA department. You didn't get the memo we hired you? :D Anyone owning a TomTom device is subject to a rotation inthe QA Dept.

... your report ahs been noted.

(please know this is all sarcasm)... hopefully semi-funny and tasteful as well

Welcome to TomTom's QA department. You didn't get the memo we hired you? :D Anyone owning a TomTom device is subject to a rotation inthe QA Dept.

... your report ahs been noted.

(please know this is all sarcasm)... hopefully semi-funny and tasteful as well

I have to pay to work here right? Just want to be sure of the employee rights:

1) The right to have my TomTom broken by an update to fix a problem
2) The right to be aggravated by a simple update
3) The right to SPELL simple words like "HAS" incorrectly

Hello and welcome
As far as I have known the x10 models, phone calls can't be transmitted through a vechile's speakers and only the unit's speakers. Music and navigation will play through the car's speakers but not phone calls.

This option has been requested for a long time from users across the internet. If this option has been available, I would have been informed about this option.
Strange.

I have to pay to work here right? Just want to be sure of the employee rights:

1) The right to have my TomTom broken by an update to fix a problem
2) The right to be aggravated by a simple update
3) The right to SPELL simple words like "HAS" incorrectly

So sometimes the fingers go faster than the brain and I forget to hit spell check.... maybe I had a firmware update ;)

...and yeah, I pay to work here too. :)Sorry for your troubles, it's always best to run a backup before changing anything on your Device, even if HOME tries to automatically do something, you can stop it, run a backup, then restart HOME and let the auto-update run. If you don't like what it's run...restore.

On my TT GO 510 there's an option in Mobile Phone Preferences or somewhere in the regular prefs to change it to allow you to output phone thru the car speakers again... I forget exactly where it is, and mine is in the girlfriend's car at the moment. When I have it back tonight, I'll edit this post with the exact location. I came across it after updating my firmware and seeing what new options were added.

-B

To get calls through your car's speaker, try this mod.
This comes from a user in another forum who figured it out how to do it.

Go to my computer and located the TomTom directory.
create the file in note pad, use save as then use Windows Explorer to rename the file to read enable_lineout_hands_free.
This is case sensitive. Delete the .txt file extension. You will see a windows warning and click ok and save the file. Make sure it's in the root directory of your device.

Or you could wait for the new FM transmittor mount. I believe it has this exact functionality. At least I read a review of one that said you could do this. Anyone have one yet?

If you have any FM transmitter and you still want your phone calls to be transmitted through your car's speakers, you still need to add the file I just mention above.

Yeah, there used to be an option on the 910 also, but the latest firmware update seems to have removed it.

Can't find it anywhere!!

To get calls through your car's speaker, try this mod.
This comes from a user in another forum who figured it out how to do it.

Go to my computer and located the TomTom directory.
create the file in note pad, use save as then use Windows Explorer to rename the file to read enable_lineout_hands_free.
This is case sensitive. Delete the .txt file extension. You will see a windows warning and click ok and save the file. Make sure it's in the root directory of your device.

Are you saying with this mod you can get calls through your car speakers even without the FM transmitter? I am really confused. How does this work and how does your car stereo get the signal?

EDIT: nevermind, Im a dumbass. I answered my own question.

Maybe you are saying you have to line out of the TomTom and into the car stereo using a cable. Is that what you are saying?

Ask a Question