euoropean xxl tom tom

TomTom Model(s)
xxl
i bought a european maps XXL tom tom in italy but now i'm moving back to canada & would like north am maps for it. What's the best way & most economical?

You'll need to back the Europe maps up onto your PC and then remove them from the unit in order to make room for the Canada map.

In fact you should (as a matter of urgency) back the whole device memory to your PC as soon as possible. Use Windows to do this NOT TomTom Home (instructions are in our help files /Articles section).

Once you've done that, you can either use Home to manage the map swapping, or I find it easier to just delete the existing map from the device using Windows Explorer (but you MUST have that backup done first).

Home may offer you a few options for the map, possibly one of Canada only or Canada and the US, but from the UK we can only buy "US, Canada and Mexico"

You'll need to back the Europe maps up onto your PC and then remove them from the unit in order to make room for the Canada map.

In fact you should (as a matter of urgency) back the whole device memory to your PC as soon as possible. Use Windows to do this NOT TomTom Home (instructions are in our help files /Articles section).

Once you've done that, you can either use Home to manage the map swapping, or I find it easier to just delete the existing map from the device using Windows Explorer (but you MUST have that backup done first).

Home may offer you a few options for the map, possibly one of Canada only or Canada and the US, but from the UK we can only buy "US, Canada and Mexico"

and keep the bacups in two sepereat folders one called "TT CANADA" and one "TT europe " partially the same files twice but maps differ and so may voices ..

Ask a Question