Error when i try to update my map

When a try to update my map Western_and_Central_Europe in TomTom HOME its fail ,when its starts to install the map its fails and says the an object is not valid after the installation, I have a 930 and lives in sweden.

Ditto - about the problem with a 930 and not the Sweden bit ;)

I have deleted the downloaded map and tried again (twice as I appear to be a masochist) with no success....

Anyone else with a 930 or 930T have this issue?

This is the exact error I currently get ....

ERROR: DesktopLib/InstallToDevice/Install/NoValidItem: Item was not valid after installation: Western_and_Central_Europe
@ .\framework\InstallToDeviceThread.cpp(657)

in .\framework\InstallToDeviceThread.cpp:657
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/commit.js:84
error(textOrException);
1. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1032
this._commitFailed(i, commitPage);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:81
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
3. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:77
this._errorCallback(e);
4. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:69
this._errorFatal(error);

Time: Tue, 19 May 2009 11:23:55 GMT

In Control Panel-->Add Programs, do you have dot net framework installed? If not, download and install from here. Then try install of the map again.

I have deleted the downloaded map and tried again (twice as I appear to be a masochist) with no success....

I have this problem too with my 930T (8.350). Maybe anyone know how to solve this issue?

I reinstall Net.Framework 3.5 SP1 but problem not solved. Please look to report by TT Home:

ERROR: DesktopLib/InstallToDevice/Install/NoValidItem: Item was not valid after installation: Western_and_Central_Europe
@ .\framework\InstallToDeviceThread.cpp(657)

in .\framework\InstallToDeviceThread.cpp:657
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/commit.js:84
error(textOrException);
1. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1032
this._commitFailed(i, commitPage);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:81
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
3. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:77
this._errorCallback(e);
4. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:69
this._errorFatal(error);

Time: Tue, 19 May 2009 13:01:18 GMT

In my computer net framework 3.5 SP1 was installed but I reinstall it. Problem with update my map Western_and_Central_Europe in TomTom HOME not solved :-(

For both of you, I'm afraid a call to support for your country is necessary........

Mind you, if you click on this link, you'll see a thread from a UK forum where a member with the same error resolved the issue.

(basically, did not use Home to install the map).

For both of you, I'm afraid a call to support for your country is necessary........

Mind you, if you click on this link, you'll see a thread from a UK forum where a member with the same error resolved the issue.

(basically, did not use Home to install the map).
(MrT wrote:
nashmills wrote:
I left my machine downloading the map update overnight and got the error this morning. Tried again to no avail. I then switched off my 940 and turned it back on again only to find I only have a North America map on the device!

This device is so going to be the last TomTom I buy.

Home has deleted the old maps to install the new, but the new will install.

You can either wait for TT to fix it, restore from a backup or go on your PC into your Home/downloads/complete/map/Western_and_Central_Europe-* folder. Find the latest version, normally where * is the highest number.

Find Western_and_Central_Europe.zip and extract the files to your WE map folder on the Go.

You need to do the same for the activation_map_5****.cab and extract the single file from this to the Go WE map folder.

You can ignore the gif and toc files.

Your device will now work with the latest map but Home will not properly recognise it as installed, so do not try and reinstall from Home until TT have fixed this or you will have to do the manual install again.

Have done all this and now it's fine thanks! Home even recognises the new maps are installed and tells me the correctly installed version, and it doesn't offer me the updated map anymore. Hopefully that's an end to it... Until the next time)

I solve this TT problem with new (830.2305) map as writed above. TT Home 2.6 not recognize new map because suggest update it again. When I operate TT930T by TT Home or directly my show that installed newest map (830.2305). Thanks dhn!

Thanks for all the assistance.

I got impatient and deleted Western_and_Central_Europe-26.meta and Western_and_Central_Europe-26.meta.dct before manually inzipping the .cab and .zip files to the Western_and_Central_Europe folder on the device. It seems to have worked for me :)

Once again thanks for the advice.

We had exactly the same problem as bonk and Ramunas. We have the 930T and live in Sweden. When I attempted to update the maps a couple days ago, I got the same error and the husband discovered today that the European maps were missing. I guess we'll wait for the technical support to fix this. I'm just doing a restore from the backup now.

We've only had the machine 16 days and the number of problems is overwhelming. It's a really great device but we're getting a little frustrated.

Hi
I have the same and i am also from UK and have 930T. see below the error message

ERROR: 2152398862/#http://download.tomtom.com/830hc/We...yr+A/hANSa/UTuIIo7qpklNBJCVfodzwox9Seg4EaA==: Error from server: The connection to the TomTom server timed out.
The connection to the TomTom server timed out.
Error code: 2152398862 (NS_ERROR_NET_TIMEOUT)
URL: http://download.tomtom.com/830hc/We...9yr+A/hANSa/UTuIIo7qpklNBJCVfodzwox9Seg4EaA==
Severity: 1105
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/netutil.js:77
return new ServerError(message, status, uri);
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/netutil.js:112
return NetUtil.exceptionForStatusCode(aStatus, aChannel.URI.spec);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/downloader.js:361
exception = NetUtil.isRequestSuccess(this._channel, aStatus);

Often the message seen when the download server at TomTom is wonky (which is often).

Try again later............

Ask a Question