error trying to update

Hi, when I connect my device to the computer tomtom home tells me I need an update but every time I try to update I get an error, I've looked on my device and the update is the version I already have on my device,
can you please tell how to find my product code I've followed the instruction in tomtom home but all it shows is the version, not the product code, would product code be on my device?

when I connect my device to to the pc, I get (application update reqiured) so i click on update, then I get ERROR, an error has occurred we're sorry but home can not compleat that task please try again later, or contact customer support. for problem with Item that are stored on your device,we advice you to remove and reinstall the Item

Same here

I did the same yesterday, updated Home on my Mac. I could not get updates error message telling me there was no file. It became worse, I could not activate my Go 930 after this. I tried everything, soft reset, calling the helpline loosing a lot of nerves. In the end I decided to format my device and install the old Home version again. It updated my GO in no time, from a back-up I got everything in place. What a way of loosing your face, pushing out software updates that do not function, and what a waste of time in the end....:mad:

No not yet I'll try them now, I did have a problem with device being stuck in startup screen I've already uninstall the application and reinstalled it, the device seems to be working ok, but as I say when I connect to my pc I get an error.

I think I know what the problem is, My 2 GB memory card is full up, can I safely delete some files? I have usa and canada on my sd card which are over 900 mb, I'm only going to use western europe, I made a new folder in my documents can I just drag and drop a copy of the usa and canada files into the new folder and delete the usa and canada files on my sd memory card so i have some free space, and install the usa and canada files at a later time.

Yes, you can move the complete USA/Canada folder off the sd card and into a folder on your computer.

Make sure the copying of the folder went well BEFORE you then delete the same folder from the card.

Ask a Question