Error 10 when trying to get maps

TomTom Model(s)
go910
Can anyone help me,
I won't go into to much detail,
But my recently acquired (2nd, and using a seperate email & log-in account) GO910 when connected to TomTom home, won't let me purchase new maps, (I seem to have deleted most of the originals, during my 'interfering')
When I hit the 'Purchase new maps' button, when connected to 'home', I get shown :-
"Error 10" "Missing fundamental attribute for list option " And I can't get any further,
Any ideas?

@castasdad
By any chance - please say yes - did you back up the content of that unit before you started fiddling with it?

That's not an error message I've heard of before.... I presume you're getting it in a pop-up window on the PC or within the Home application?

All I can suggest is:

1. Backup up whatever you have left NOW.

2. Is the device working properly other than not being able to buy maps?

3. You say this is your second unit.. Do you still have the first?

4. If you do, is that backed up? (You know what I'm going to say next!)

5. If you do, what happens if you try to buy a map for THAT one? You don't actually have to go through with the purchase, but it would be interesting to see if you get the same error message.

6. Again, if you do, can you compare them to see what's missing?

7. AFAIK, you should be able to copy EVERYTHING (except the maps folders) from the old to the new, and it should work. Easiest to do that from the backup you made in #3

Ask a Question